KYBELLA ® is the only FDA-approved injectable that destroys fat cells beneath the chin to improve the look of a “double-chin”. The injection of Kybella ® for the reduction of stubborn fat in the sub-mental area is becoming one of the most sought-after cosmetic injectable procedures; integrating this service into an already successful aesthetic business can benefit both existing patients and a practice’s success.
After fat cells are destroyed by Kybella®, the proprietary formula continues to prevent future fat cells from taking the former’s place. Deoxycholic acid, naturally produced in the body, is the active ingredient that helps break down fat cells. This safe and effective body sculpting formula is administered via multiple subcutaneous injections where it instantly begins working to break down fat cells.
This 3-hour course prepares learners to understand the anatomy, treatment techniques, and assessment skill required to safely inject Kybella® to achieve the outcomes sought by patients. A combination of classroom didactic, live demonstrations, and hands-on practicum offers a unique learning environment and platform to quickly expand the learner’s knowledge base.
This course is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license. Experience with facial injectables is preferred.
Identify necessary anatomical landmarks for the safe injection of Kybella®, it’s mechanism of action, and best practice techniques for treatment with this product.
- Discuss patient selection for optimal outcomes.
- Identify anatomical landmarks for safe and successful treatment.
- Identify factors contributing to accumulation of sub-mental fat.
- Examine side effects and adverse events of Kybella® treatments.
- Determine equipment required.
- Devise treatment plans to satisfy patients cosmetic goals.
- Discuss pricing guidelines and strategies for integrating Kybella® into a successful business.
- Examine follow-up and post-care guidelines.
- Observe proper and safe techniques for injection.
- Apply the skills learned in a supported learning environment.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
TUITION & CANCELLATION POLICY
There is a $500 fee for this educational activity.
Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills. The typical treatment is 3-4 vials. Model Fee $300/ per vial.
AIM Cancellation Policy: Classes may be rescheduled without penalty up to 14 days before the registered class date. Cancellation within 30 days of scheduled class: Refund will be issued for the amount paid less a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled class: A cancellation fee of 10% will be assessed and the balance held as credit. No shows or early leave will result in an automatic forfeit of tuition for that class. Class dates are subject to cancellation or change, and rescheduling options will be provided.