Lip augmentation with dermal filler is becoming one of the most frequently requested procedures in aesthetic medicine. Dermal Filler Part II is dedicated entirely to the anatomy, safety, and techniques required to achieving a variety of outcomes for lip augmentation. Following a comprehensive and interactive lecture, a clinical practicum session is led by a master injector providing the opportunity to practice learned skills and techniques.
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in MA having previously completed an introductory class in dermal filler.
*Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify pertinent anatomy, perform an assessment to develop an appropriate treatment plan including product selection, implement multiple techniques for the safe injection of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler in a variety of patients, and safely manage adverse event related to lip augmentation.
- Discuss patient assessment and strategies for achieving realistic outcomes
- Review general anatomy of the perioral area with a focus on safe areas for injectables and areas to be avoided to improve safety and desired outcomes
- Explore the spectrum of dermal fillers indicated for lip augmentation and the rheologic properties of each
- Review multiple treatment techniques for injecting dermal fillers in lips and the areas of treatment within the lip
- Examine side effects and adverse events related to injecting dermal fillers and the treatment of these events
- Observe patient assessment and treatment
- Participate in a hands-on practice session under direct supervision.
- Didactic: 1.5 hours
- Clinical Practicum: 2.5 hours
Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills. One syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler is provided with tuition to treat your model.
This class is jointly provided by the Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts and Global Education Group and has been approved for 4.0 CMEs.