Dermaplaning is a non-invasive, anti-aging treatment that can improve the appearance of the skin from common aesthetic flaws such as an imbalanced texture, fine lines, and enlarged pores to excessive peach fuzz, and dull tone. This renowned treatment has been practiced in medical aesthetics for years and does not require needles or anesthesia resulting in zero down time for your client. This treatment utilizes a specialized blade which instantly alleviates the skin from debris, dead skin cells, and bothersome peach fuzz. Through this process of exfoliation, your patients will not only rejoice with smoother skin but can benefit from an easier, smoother make up application and more efficient absorption of skincare products. Paired with a low grade chemical peel, this service will achieve the ultimate glow for clients, ensuring they will be back for more!
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS).
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to proficiently perform dermaplaning and chemical peel treatments. Students will be able to better assess patients skin concerns and the needs for dermaplaning and chemical peels. Knowledge of how to properly assess your client’s indications and their desired results for appropriate peel selection, along with a recommendation for skin care products post-procedure is a goal for completion of this class.
- Discuss dermaplaning- the benefits, required materials, and indications for treatment
- Examine proper techniques for dermaplaning and peel application
- Review the contraindications for both services (dermaplaning and peels).
- Explore active ingredients and acids in chemical peels, allowing for proper peel selection
- Examine side effects and adverse events related to dermaplaning and chemical peels and the treatment of these events
- Review pricing and bundling of services and skincare products
- Discuss patient assessment, treatment and post care
- Participate in a supervised practice session
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2.5 hours
Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
*Tuition includes dermaplaning kit and one model treatment.
No CME’s or CEU’s are currently offered for this class.