Dermaplaning is a non-invasive, anti-aging treatment that can improve the appearance of the skin from common aesthetic flaws such as an imbalanced texture, fine lines, and enlarged pores to excessive peach fuzz, and dull tone. This renowned treatment has been practiced in medical aesthetics for years and does not require needles or anesthesia resulting in zero down time for your client. This treatment utilizes a specialized blade which instantly alleviates the skin from debris, dead skin cells, and bothersome peach fuzz. Through this process of exfoliation, your patients will not only rejoice with smoother skin but can benefit from an easier, smoother make up application and more efficient absorption of skincare products. Paired with a low grade chemical peel, this service will achieve the ultimate glow for clients, ensuring they will be back for more!
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS and LE).
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to proficiently perform dermaplaning and chemical peel treatments. Students will be able to better assess patients skin concerns and the needs for dermaplaning and chemical peels. Knowledge of how to properly assess your client’s indications and their desired results for appropriate peel selection, along with a recommendation for skin care products post-procedure is a goal for completion of this class.
- Discuss dermaplaning – the benefits, required materials, and indications for treatment.
- Demonstrate proper techniques for dermaplaning and peel application.
- Review the contraindications for both services (dermaplaning and peels).
- Review active ingredients and acids in chemical peels, allowing for proper peel selection.
- Describe the side effects, adverse reactions, and treatments related to dermaplaning and chemical peels.
- Summarize pricing and bundling of services and skincare products.
- Perform patient assessment, treatment, and post-care in a supervised practice session.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
There is a $500 fee for this educational activity. Tuition includes a Dermaplaning kit.
Training Models are included for our Dermaplaning course. If you have a model in mind you would like to treat for the hands-on practicum portion of this course, please have them sign up as soon as possible via our Model Lab.
AIM CANCELLATION POLICY
Reschedule Policy: Classes may be rescheduled without penalty up to 14 days before the registered class date.
30 Day Cancellation Policy: For cancellations within 30 days of a scheduled class, a refund will be issued for the amount paid less a 10% cancellation fee.
14 Day Cancellation Policy: For cancellations within 14 days of a scheduled class, a cancellation fee of 10% will be assessed and the remaining balance held as credit. No shows or early leave will result in an automatic forfeit of tuition for that class.
Class dates are subject to cancellation or change, and rescheduling options will be provided.