Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is one of the most in-demand services in medical aesthetics. PRP is produced when plasma, a component of blood with unique proteins that stimulate and increase the number of reparative cells of the body are in injected into the patient. A concentration of platelet cells taken from the patient’s blood, PRP yields positive outcomes for patients suffering from hair loss. These platelets have growth factors that signal the body to initiate a healing response and have minimal risk factors. It’s all-natural reparative properties and minimal to no risk makes it stand out from many manufactured solutions when it comes to hair inadequacy.
Injecting with PRP is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in their field of practice. Completion of Introduction to Dermal Filler or an equivalent class or demonstration of comparable professional experience is required.
*Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
Upon completion of this course, providers will have learned new injection techniques utilizing PRP/PRFM to initiate the reparative process in cells, helping to initiate hair regrowth.
- Review the process of hair loss and hair growth phases
- Review the criteria to identify good candidates for this treatment
- Examine the difference between PRP and PRFM
- Discuss PRP and how it is used to help the restoration of hair
- Explore PRP systems available
- Learn the latest techniques, protocols, and procedures for safe administration
- Observe the techniques of utilizing a centrifuge to creating PRP/PRFM (Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix)
- Participate in a hands-on clinical practicum and injecting of PRP/PRFM in the scalp to stimulate hair growth
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
You are unable to attend this course without a model. The fee for this treatment is $175.
CME are not currently offered for this class.