Microcannulas are a valuable tool for aesthetic injectors and may decrease the risk of bruising and vascular occlusion when used by expertly trained experienced injectors. Microcannulas can be an effective tool to deliver dermal filler with a single point of entry, thereby potentially decreasing patients’ risk for complications and downtime.
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in MA and intended for students with previous experience injecting dermal fillers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify indications for the use of microcannulas, safety considerations, techniques for optimal patient outcomes, and practice injecting dermal filler with microcannulas in a supported learning environment.
Examine the difference of injections with straight needle versus microcannula
- Discuss indications for the use of microcannulas and how to safely integrate the techniques into aesthetic treatment
- Review facial anatomy and vasculature to increase patient safety and minimize treatment complications
- Explore the properties of microcannulas and examine the criteria to choose the most appropriate device based on the desired
- product and patient outcome
- Review the benefits and risks of using a microcannula and explore techniques for increasing safety
- Observe a live demonstration of the expert use of microcannulas and the use of dermal filler
- Participate in hands-on practice of skills and techniques learned in a supported learning environment
Please Note: This class does not involve the instruction of tear trough injections.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
TUITION & CANCELLATION POLICY
There is a $550 fee for this educational activity.
*Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
Cancellation within 30 days: A refund will be issued for the amount paid less a $100 cancellation fee.
Cancellation within 14 days: A cancellation fee of $100 will be assessed and the balance will be held as credit.
This class is jointly provided by the Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts and Global Education Group and has been approved for 3 CMEs.
PHYSICIAN ACCREDITATION STATEMENT
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PHYSICIAN CREDIT DESIGNATION
Global Education Group designates this live activity or a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NURSING CONTINUING EDUCATION
Global Education Group is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA. This educational activity for 3.0 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 3.0 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.