Microcannulas are a valuable tool for aesthetic injectors and may decrease the risk of bruising and vascular occlusion when used by expertly trained experienced injectors. Microcannulas can be an effective tool to deliver dermal filler with a single point of entry, thereby potentially decreasing patients’ risk for complications and downtime.
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in MA and intended for students with previous experience injecting dermal fillers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify indications for the use of microcannulas, safety considerations, techniques for optimal patient outcomes, and practice injecting dermal filler with microcannulas in a supported learning environment.
Examine the difference of injections with straight needle versus microcannula
- Discuss indications for the use of microcannulas and how to safely integrate the techniques into aesthetic treatment
- Review facial anatomy and vasculature to increase patient safety and minimize treatment complications
- Explore the properties of microcannulas and examine the criteria to choose the most appropriate device based on the desired
- product and patient outcome
- Review the benefits and risks of using a microcannula and explore techniques for increasing safety
- Observe a live demonstration of the expert use of microcannulas and the use of dermal filler
- Participate in hands-on practice of skills and techniques learned in a supported learning environment
Please Note: This class does not involve the instruction of tear trough injections.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
TUITION & CANCELLATION POLICY
There is a $550 fee for this educational activity.
Classes may be rescheduled without penalty up to 14 days before the registered class date. Cancellation within 30 days of scheduled class: Refund will be issued for the amount paid less a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled class: A cancellation fee of 10% will be assessed and the balance held as credit. No shows or early leave will result in an automatic forfeit of tuition for that class. Class dates are subject to cancellation or change, and rescheduling options will be provided.