Microcannulas are a valuable tool for aesthetic injectors and may decrease the risk of bruising and vascular occlusion when used by expertly trained experienced injectors. Microcannulas can be an effective tool to deliver dermal filler with a single point of entry, thereby potentially decreasing patients’ risk for complications and downtime.
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in MA and intended for students with previous experience injecting dermal fillers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify indications for the use of microcannulas, safety considerations, techniques for optimal patient outcomes, and practice injecting dermal filler with microcannulas in a supported learning environment.
- Examine difference of injections with straight needle versus microcannula
- Discuss indications for the use of microcannulas and how to safely integrate the techniques into aesthetic treatment
- Review facial anatomy and vasculature to increase patient safety and minimize treatment complications
- Explore the properties of microcannulas and examine the criteria to choose the most appropriate device based on the desired
- product and patient outcome
- Review the benefits and risks of using a microcannula and explore techniques for increasing safety
- Observe a live demonstration of the expert use of microcannulas and the use of dermal filler
- Participate in hands-on practice of skills and techniques learned in a supported learning environment
Please Note: This class does not involve the instruction of tear trough injections.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
*Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
No CME’s or CEU’s are currently offered for this class