Lip augmentation with dermal filler is becoming one of the most frequently requested procedures in aesthetic medicine. Dermal Filler Part II is dedicated entirely to the anatomy, safety and techniques required to achieving a variety of outcomes for lip augmentation. Following a comprehensive and interactive lecture, a clinical practicum session is led by a master injector providing opportunity to practice learned skills and techniques.
This class is designed for medical professionals (RN, NP, PA, MD, DDS) holding an active and unrestricted license in MA and intended for students with previous experience injecting dermal fillers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to identify pertinent anatomy, perform an assessment to develop an appropriate treatment plan including product selection, implement multiple techniques for the safe injection of hyaluronic acid (HA) filler in a variety of patients, and safely manage adverse event related to lip augmentation.
- Discuss patient assessment and strategies for achieving realistic outcomes
- Review general anatomy of the perioral area with a focus on safe areas for injectables and areas to be avoided to improve safety and desired outcomes
- Explore the spectrum of dermal fillers indicated for lip augmentation and the rheologic properties of each
- Review multiple treatment techniques for injecting dermal fillers in lips and the areas of treatment within the lip
- Examine side effects and adverse events related to injecting dermal fillers and the treatment of these events
- Observe patient assessment and treatment
- Participate in hands-on practice session under direct supervision
- Didactic: 1.5 hours
- Clinical Practicum: 2.5 hours
Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills. One syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler is provided with tuition to treat your model.
Payment plans are available for this course. Please click the ‘register now’ button on the righthand side to get more information.
This class is jointly provided by the Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts and Global Education
Group and has been approved for 4 CMEs.
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this live activity or a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Global Education Group is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s COA.
This educational activity for 4.0 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses
should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 4.0 hours of Category 1 credit for completing this program.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.