As we age, our skin’s ability to produce collagen diminishes. Depending on our lifestyle, from too much sunning to unhealthy habits like smoking or poor diet, collagen breakdown can leave us weathered, wrinkled and sagging. Did you know…collagen production decreases 1% per year, starting at age 18 and woman’s skin decreases in thickness (created by collagen) by 7% every ten years! Astounding statistics, for sure, yet few are aware of them. One of today’s most highly requested treatments is microneedling. This treatment improves skin’s firmness while reducing the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, all with minimal downtime. Microneedling uses a minimally invasive pen-shaped device studded with several very fine needles. The needles break down old tissue, causing deliberate minor injury to the skin’s surface thus stimulating the healing process. Over time, new collagen is produced, and the result is younger, healthier, more radiant skin. Clients looking to improve texture, reduce scarring, and boost overall skin health would benefit tremendously from this service.
This class is designed for estheticians holding an active and unrestricted license in MA.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to perform microneedling safely within the scope of their license.
- Discuss microneedling the benefits, required materials, and indications for treatment
- Examine proper techniques for microneedling – how to select appropriate needle depth
- Review the contraindications for the treatment, including pre and post care.
- Explore the different modalities used to build collagen.
- Examine side effects and adverse events related to microneedling and the treatment of these events.
- Review skin anatomy – layers of skin, how the skin ages, qualities of healthy skin.
- Observe patient reaction to treatment, assess treatment and discuss results.
- Participate in hands-on practice session under direct supervision.
- Didactic: 1 hour
- Clinical Practicum: 2 hours
$1,000 (one model treatment)
Students are required to bring one model to class to practice learned skills.
AIM Cancellation Policy Classes may be rescheduled without penalty up to 14 days before the registered class date. Cancellation within 30 days of scheduled class: Refund will be issued for the amount paid less a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled class: A cancellation fee of 10% will be assessed and the balance held as credit. No shows or early leave will result in an automatic forfeit of tuition for that class. Class dates are subject to cancellation or change, and rescheduling options will be provided.