This is a new position working with a large LGBTQ+ population in a sexual and reproductive health clinic. The primary focus will be providing injections in a clinical setting with attention on gender-affirming aesthetics. The RN must be comfortable and compassionate regarding gender presentation.
Aesthetic nurse injector with a focus on gender-affirming aesthetic treatment therapy as well as laser hair removal. The registered nurse (RN) will provide BoNTA (neurotoxins) and dermal filler injections, as well as laser hair removal using state of the art technology.
- Assessing patients and collecting a comprehensive medical history.
- Determine who is a candidate for neurotoxins, dermal fillers, and laser hair removal.
- Provide a treatment plan for patients.
- Perform neurotoxins and dermal filler injections.
- Perform laser hair removal, often around genitals and face.
- Follow protocol provided, including those for off label use.
- Assist in preparing patients for gender confirmation surgery.
- Report to overseeing nurse practitioner or doctor.
- Treat patients if complications from dermal fillers arise.
- Maintain a clean work environment with a focus on the prevention of complications.
- Always maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Seek out educational opportunities to better serve patients.
- Massachusetts RN license in good standing.
- At least two years of RN experience with at least one year in neurotoxin and dermal filler injections.
- Certification to perform neurotoxin and dermal filler injections for facial enhancement.
- Recent and extensive history using neurotoxins and dermal fillers for aesthetics.
- Continuing education regarding on-label and off-label uses of neurotoxins and dermal fillers.
- Experience with laser hair removal and knowledge of hair growth cycles (preferred, willing to train the right candidate.)
- Ability to assess and recommend treatment specific to each patient based on their desired outcomes.
- Comfort with reversing inappropriate placed dermal filler.
- Ability to communicate with patients and listen to their goals of treatment.
Established in 1971, Health Quarters is a non-profit reproductive and sexual health care organization focused on serving low-income communities. Our dedicated, experienced, professional team specializes in providing the best patient-centered, reproductive and sexual health care, delivered with compassion and sincere care. With convenient locations on Massachusetts’ North Shore and Merrimack Valley, we provide birth control, medical and aspiration abortion, STD testing and treatment, HIV testing and referral, and other preventive health services.
Winner of the 2019 LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Award for the fifth year in a row, we strive to:
- Provide quality, compassionate healthcare regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic status;
- Remain committed to reproductive justice;
- Provide comprehensive and accurate information and education to all patients;
- Create a diverse, supportive work environment that fosters and empowers excellence.
Visit www.healthq.org to learn more.
WORKPLACE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
It is the policy of Health Quarters to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline, and termination. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.